Exam held on 18/9/2020 shift timing 12 pm to 2.30 (Based on Memory)
1. Oedipus complex in D. H. Lawrence can be found in?
Answer- Sons and Lovers (BSTET ENGLISH)
2. A pattern of accented and unaccented syllable in poetry is called as-
3. Who called keats as greek-
4. Salman Rushdie won booker prize in 1981 for which work?
Answer- Midnight’s Children
5. Title of Things fall Apart has been taken from?
Answer- The second coming
6. Who is Lamia in Keats work?
Answer- Serpent Women
7. Who wrote Macavity cat?
Answer- T. S. Eliot
8. Coleridge started the romantic movement with?
Answer- William Wordsworth
9. Who called Dryden the father of English Criticism?
Answer- Samuel Johnson
10. Who was the pioneer of new criticism?
Answer- John Crowe Ransom
11. Who said about whom he found it brick and left it Marble?
Answer- Johnson on Dryden
12.Who, among the following, is a Nobel Laureate?
(A) Tony Morrison
(B) Seamus Heaney
(C) Ted Hughes
(D) Geoffrey Hill
13. Who was also known as Madavikutty?
Answer- Kamla Suraiyya
14. Who used stream of consciousness for the first time?
Answer- William James
15. Art for art sake is taken from which language?
16. Magnus opum work of Chaucer is?
Answer- The canterbury Tales
17. William Congreve is associated with?
Answer- Comedy of manners
18. What is dierge?
Answer- A song sung on somebody’s death.
19. Anne Hathway was-
Answer- Wife of Shakespeare
20. Who was the metaphysical poet
Answer- John Donne
21. What was the other name given to the Macavity Cat
Answer- Hidden Paw
22. who has not visited any university-
23. Willing Suspension of disbelief was given by?
24. Confession of an English opium Eater is by?
25. To be or not to be is taken from?
26. The Father of English Novel?
Answer- Henry Fielding
27. stream of consciousness was given by-
Answer- William James
28. what is the meaning of chicken feed?
Answer- A small amount
29. prepare yourself for the worst passive?
Answer- Be prepaired for the worst
30. Was it cowardice that i dare not to kill him is refereed to?
31. what came late in prehistoric period?
32. Anton Chekhov started his career from writing?
Answer- Comic sketches
33. In hearts at peace under an English heaven is a line from the poetry which depicts-
34. Autobiography of Maya Angelou?
Answer- disputed question because there are seven autobiographies but we had only four options.
35- people demand newspaper according to-
Answer- social interest
36- A Tale of two cities depicts the life of?
Answer- London and Paris
37- I ………… bank a lot of money ( do not remember exactly)
38. full form of ohp?
Answer- over head projector
39- Tennyson’s monodrama?
40. which of the following is audio learning material